Edward Mann are recruiting for a leading property group based in Canary Wharf. Our client is looking for a technically strong Financial Accountant to join the team.
The main focus of this position will be to prepare financial statements and all associated accounting for a specific area within a large, multi-entity group. Our client takes pride in staff retention, they develop their staff well - a brilliant employer for career development.
- Prepare financial statements for a portion of the group’s 400+ subsidiaries.
- Provide detailed review of each entity’s Trial Balance and associated support schedules, correction of errors, drafting of UK GAAP or IFRS compliant financial statement, collation of audit files and liaison with auditors.
- Assist in the application of new accounting standards as necessary, including FRS 102 and IFRS.
- To assist in the preparation of iXBRL format accounts for submission to HMRC.
- To prepare calculations and schedules for the disclosure requirements of UK GAAP subsidiaries and IFRS consolidated financial statements.
- To create and maintain accounting spreadsheet models for use within the accounts department as the need arises.
- To calculate, post and prepare documentation for intra-group transactions.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Must have experience in preparing financial accounts/statements (not just auditing)
- Must have a good understanding of accounting standards; including old UK GAAP, FRS 102, IFRS and Companies Act requirements for financial statements.
- Good general IT & systems skills.
For more information please apply ASAP. No cover letter required.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply