FUND CONTROLLER- REAL ESTATE - £65,000 - £75,000 - OUR CLIENT is a market leading, real estate fund management and advisory firm. As a result of continued growth and increased complexity of the business, they have decided to seek a 'hands on' Fund Controller to take charge of both in-house and outsourced teams in the management of existing and future funds.
The Role will assume responsibility for these key areas:
Fund Level Financial Control
- Assuming responsibility for fund level treasury management: capital calls, investment funding, distributions.
- Managing quarterly fund level accounting and investor reporting including investors bespoke reports.
- Managing annual fund level statutory accounts in UK GAAP (FRS 102) and US GAAP.
- Owning, undertaking and delivering audit assignments and reviewing significant programmes.
Investment Level Financial Control
- Assisting on the creation of new investment structures, funding and establishing banking, accounting and debt management processes.
- Supporting local teams with complex/difficult local management accounting and statutory accounting preparation Cost control of developments, progressing payments, retentions, development accounting.
- Providing advice and guidance to the boards.
Fund Level Compliance
- Controlling of FCA, SEC compliance function, AIFMD registration and reporting, FATCA on boarding.
- Overseeing firm's compliance policies, controlling and training, KYC and AML policy, disaster recovery and cybersecurity arrangements.
- Managing the firms risk management policies and procedures.
- Managing a number of advisory relationships.
- Actively working with and supporting all aspects of the business
The Person: In order to apply, you must be a Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience. You will need to have a solid working knowledge of UK real estate and ideally fund accounting, be quick-thinking, be able to multi-task, prioritise and have team management skills. You will need to be confident and have knowledge of tax and structuring. You will also need to be self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and have a 'can-do' attitude.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.