This substantial manufacturing and distribution business is part of a global group of companies supplying everyday products to retailers. They currently have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious part qualified / finalist accountant with a desire to progress into an outward facing commercial accounting position. Reporting to the Financial Controller this role will be an all-round management accounts position that also supports sales and operational staff with analysis to aid decision making. Duties will include:
- Reporting P&L and analysing variances to budget
- Assisting with divisional budgeting and forecasting
- Sales and margin analysis, reporting on key customers and suppliers
- Updating cash flow models and monitoring cash position
- Multi-currency transactions and bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT and Intrastat reporting
It is envisaged that this will be a progressive role, offering training and support towards your qualification so that ultimately you can move into a Senior Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner role interacting across the whole of this £100 + t/o business. The ideal candidate must be pursuing ACCA / CIMA studies and possess at least two year’s experience in a Management Accounts function, strong Excel and analytical skills and the ability to communicate with non-finance personnel effectively.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK based finance experience will be considered, candidates already registered will be considered automatically.