Financial Accountant - Real Estate OUR CLIENT is a £multibillion international rea estate specialist investment, asset management and finance business that excels in providing their investors with strong returns whilst minimising investment risk. They are seeking to employ a Financial Accountant to focus mainly on the corporate side and to assume control of the accounting records and financial statements for their main UK trading entities. There are also junior bookkeepers for whom supervision is required.
THE ROLE: The major areas within the role will be taking responsibility for accounting and reporting for the BMO REP business. Your main responsibilities will include:
Preparing monthly management accounts to trial balance for the LLP and its subsidiaries, including accruals/prepayments and monthly regular journals.
- Reconciling various intercompany and control accounts within the group.
- Preparing and maintaining accounts for the firm ensuring compliance with IFRS or GAAP as appropriate.
- Preparing and managing the production of year-end audit files for auditors.
- Liaising with external auditors, resolving queries on a timely basis.
- Supervising junior book-keepers.
- Filing quarterly VAT returns, including partial exemption claims and liaison with HMRC where required.
- Liaising with clients based in the UK and overseas.
- Producing investment reports and schedules for Investors.
- Liaising with managing agents to reconcile rent statements. Responsible for ensuring that there are no discrepancies and any variances must be resolved.
- Preparing management accounts on a quarterly basis for the Investors.
THE PERSON: To apply, you must have strong technical accounting skills with the ability to produce and consolidate accounts in accordance with GAAP & IFRS. You will have a good eye for detail and possess the ability to meet a variety of tight deadlines. You must also have a working knowledge of Excel, SUN Accounts and SAGE Line 50.
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.