An established and expanding General Solicitors firm based in Kent, are seeking a Qualified Accountant to head up their Accounts Team. This is a key and crucial role ensuring the smooth operation of the Firms financial accounts.
They have many offerings for their clients ranging from Financial Advisory to all traditional legal services, with three offices in Kent, soon to be four
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Preparing forecasts and financial statements, business plans, commentaries and budgets for management and Partners
- Analysing the client and nominal ledgers to assist with the production of annual and monthly management reports/accounts
- Managing the firms cash flow, billing, expenditure, credit and investments
- Assessing fee targets, liaising with the solicitors re the performance and ensuring various target criteria are met
- Operation and reconciliation of the Firm's client and office bank accounts, monitoring and posting receipts to the Firm's CMS, making/authorising payments, identifying and effecting transfers, managing remittance advices and liaising with the Firm's bankers when necessary
- Monthly payroll for staff
- VAT/Tax returns
- Dealing with, and advising on tax issues, ensuring compliance with tax legislation
- Reviewing and preparing trust accounts alongside tax returns for individuals, companies, LLP's and trusts
- Monitoring compliance with SRA Accounts rules, including identifying, reporting and remedying any breaches and recommending action to improve compliance
- Liaising with auditors, regularly undertaking audits, involving the examination of the Firm\'s accounts, analysing risk, inspecting the current practices, investigating any financial irregularities and recommending improvements
- Reviewing, implementing and adapting new and existing financial systems and controls
- Managing Accounts based colleagues
You will need to be ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Experience working within the legal sector or within Practice with SRA clients
- Experience in using Sage 50, preparing staff payroll
- Good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements
- Full knowledge of the SRA Accounts rules and their practical application.
- You will also need to have experience of VAT
- You will need to have strong analytical, problem solving and accuracy skills
The role is based in Mid Kent, however some travel will be required to another local office.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, please apply to be immediately considered
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.