I am currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a large media business. You must be immediately available or on 1 week notice.
Financial Reporting, including but not limited to:
- Managing the collection of financial information from the businesses within Europe and Africa.
- Consolidation of monthly USGAAP financial statements and financial reporting in parallel with corporate requirements.
- Monitoring and analysing monthly results and preparing consolidation narratives for forecast, budget and prior year variances
- Assisting with the review of cashflow and balance sheet reporting
- Review of monthly DSO analysis
- Ensuring consistency and integrity between P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflows
- Making a proactive contribution to progressively improve monthly financial reporting speed and quality
- Supporting Interim Director, Financial Reporting with FX, treasury, tax and hedging projects as required
- Working closely with LA office to coordinate and provide supplementary analysis and ad hoc requests
Systems, Compliance & Control, including but not limited to:
- Working with local finance teams to ensure consistent and accurate reporting in compliance with Group policies, local and US GAAP
- Developing, implementing and maintaining consistent policies and controls (both financial and non-financial) across the businesses
- Promoting a robust control environment across the Europe & Africa region
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation of key financial systems (Peoplesoft accounting system, Hyperion reporting system, Persub (internal subs tracking / billing system) across Europe
- Working with the Peoplesoft accounting system across Europe to establish consistency and automation for the production of financial informationRegional Overhead Allocation Processes, including but not limited to:
- Controlling and processing of company expenses in relation to budget, accuracy and adherence to group policies
- Managing the accounting for regional overhead costs and the process to allocate those costs within Europe & AfricaAd hoc as required
- Qualified Accountant with at least five years PQE
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate clearly with a range of people across countries
- Commercially astute and highly numerate
- Financial reporting experience in a multi-site, multi-currency business
- IT literate with strong Excel skills and accounting systems knowledge
- Use of Hyperion reporting systems desirable
For immediate consideration please email Sacha Young via the application portal.