Based in Luton, Bedfordshire, our client is a leading SME business who have experienced tremendous growth over the last year and have ambitious plans for the next 5 years. They have a fantastic track record and impressive story to tell and they're now looking for a Financial Controller to join them on site in Luton on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone who is qualified by experience with a minimum of 5 years' all-round accounts exposure, ideally gained within a medium sized business, managing the whole spectrum of finance from transactions to monthly management accounts and reporting. The role involves managing all daily accounting activities, working on Sage and various other reporting processes to provide and maintain important data of accurate and timely management accounts.
The Financial Controller will liaise closely with the Directors in providing ad-hoc analysis as to whether the projects are in line with budget, if they're profitable or behind schedule and where the company financials are at any given point, daily, weekly or monthly.
This company is an established manufacturing business with a wealth of experience and a strong foothold in their market who are looking to expand aggressively over the next 5 years. They are therefore looking for somebody with excellent Excel skills and good management accounts exposure.
The successful individual will have strong IT skills, particularly in Excel as well as experience of Sage, whilst also being a good communicator with interpersonal skills.
Duties will include:
- Production of monthly management accounts and the production of financial budgets
- Weekly reporting on sales, forecasts and budget analysis
- Managing & undertaking the accounts payable/receivable process
- Financial Analysis of specific business actions and projects to ensure business practice is in line with the core intentions of the business and to support the ongoing growth of the company
- Responsibility for the analysis of ongoing business costs and expenses providing detailed analysis and commentary where there are significant deviations from budget.
- Preparation of the Financial Report for Board Meetings as well as other reports, analysis and commentary as requested by the Chairman & Managing Director
- Profit & Loss and cash flow forecasting
- Managing the yearly audit with the external Auditors
- VAT return production and filing
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintaining accruals, prepayments and the fixed asset register
- Managing the sales and purchase ledgers
- Overseeing the outsourced payroll function and ensuring everything is communicated effectively
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability