Indirect tax and reporting accountant (German Speaker)
Our client is a FTSE100 Pharmaceutical group requiring a German speaking Indirect Tax and Reporting Accountant, based in Uxbridge.
The role will initially involve you mostly with Indirect Tax matters, such as preparing VAT and Statistical returns. Over time, the hiring manager envisages the successful candidate to take up more responsibilities into their German legal entities in relation to Direct Tax, Statutory Accounting and Transfer Pricing.
- Fluency in German and English necessary
- Part or Fully Qualified Accountant and / or Tax Professional (CTA/ACA/ACCA) or overseas equivalents such as "Steuerfachwirt" or "Bilanzbuchhalter"
- Proven experience in statutory accounts under German GAAP would be considered essential
- Indirect and Direct Taxes, with specific knowledge of the German reality is considered necessary
- Financial modelling skills/high level of competence using Excel
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the business, both written and verbal. Proven ability to work as a member of multi-functional teams
- Ability to plan and manage workload to ensure all key deadlines are met. Actively seeks to improve processes making them more effective and efficient
- Numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail and displays initiative in solving problems; hands on mentality
- Disciplined, excellent organisation skills, empathy & resilience towards shared service centre set ups, with capacity of working under pressure and working with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and show initiative
- Ability to communicate at all levels and manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work with dispersed teams and multicultural and multifunctional teams.
- Preferably with a tax consultancy background
- Preferred Professional background: Big 4 firm or audit company or tax consultancy, Shared Services Centre Environment, Outsourcing, International work experience, Healthcare Sector and Manufacturing & Distribution business
- SAP would be considered as an advantage
- Experience with shared service KT desirable
- Work and build good relationships with local market Finance Directors and business partners, outsource providers, tax consultants, auditors and external authorities where relevant
- Perform the year-end reporting activities. Support the preparation and review of GAAP adjustments and completion of statutory accounts templates, compilation information required to draft statutory disclosures, co-ordination of completion of tax disclosures, co-ordination of audit and resolution of queries raised. Prepare the delivery of underlying documentation for the preparation of tax returns. Ensure that financial practices are in line and comply with all relevant statutory and group legislation and regulations.
- Prepare the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual deliveries in terms of Statutory Reporting, Corporate Tax, Indirect Taxes, Transfer Pricing, Statistical and Healthcare Regulatory Reporting, between the fulfilling of other local Requirements and Taxes;
- Prepare Indirect Tax and statistical returns on behalf of the Group's European markets including
- Sales, purchase and miscellaneous transaction review including invoice sampling;
- Resolution of exception items;
- Correction of errors found, including any consequent GL postings;
- Clear and complete documentation of the above;
- Perform corporate tax compliance processes on behalf of Group's European markets including:
- Overseeing the ownership of tax sensitive account codes to determine tax treatment Source data required for the tax return not derived from the General Ledger or Fixed Asset register (e.g. information required to calculate R&D tax credit);
- Resolve queries raised during tax return process and perform review of draft tax return;
- Estimate forecast profitability for the purposes of estimating interim tax payments;
- Monitor the tax accounts and reconcile balances back to tax authority records and submitted tax returns;
- Prepare withholding tax clearances and other ad hoc tax filings required;
- Monitor tax risks and review quarterly risk questionnaire
- Perform the process of gathering relevant financial information to calculate relevant intra group pricing of products and services;
- Perform the historical review of legal entity profitability to ensure compliance with Group Transfer pricing policies, liaising with Global Tax on exceptions and material markets;
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Manage the outsource providers to ensure activities are carried out correctly and assist in resolving queries or issues with the local market (LOC);
- Prepare and support with annual audit and special audit requirements;
- Prepare financial information to support business unit needs/external reporting requirements;
- Ensure reports, schedules, and summaries for internal & external customers are accurate and timely;
- Co-ordination of tax and TP audits, liaising with FD in market and Global Tax to provide support in responding to queries and resolving tax disputes; Ensuring Market specific document retention requirements relating to statutory reports, taxes and TP are met;
- Manage escalations from customers, senior stakeholders and external authorities;
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.