Director of Corporate Finance and Risk
Moat Housing is looking to appoint a new Director of Corporate Finance & Risk that will be based on the outskirts of London.
Moat is a leading housing association in the South East of England, owning or managing over 20,000 properties within Essex, Kent, Sussex and London. Moat develops high quality affordable housing, is a leader in the development and sale of shared ownership homes and is increasing it's development programme of homes for sale on the open market.
Moat is widely recognised as being one of the best run and most successful organisations of its size, delivering nearly 664 completed units in 2015/16, whilst still providing a high level of customer service. Moat is a committed employer that invests in its staff and strongly believes that an inclusive environment gets results.
Reporting to the Executive Finance Director you will take responsibility for financial planning, treasury and funding strategy, managing risk for the organisation, overseeing the procurement function and governance & compliance.
Your key duties will include:
- Producing the medium and long term financial plans highlighting key operational, funding or development capacity constraints
- Managing liquidity, the loan portfolio, hedging activities and ensuring adequate funding facilities are available
- Responsible for coordinating the organisation's risk management activity, reviewing investment appraisals and for the financial monitoring of schemes in development
- Keeping abreast of any legal, governance or regulatory changes that will impact the business, taking responsibility for submitting the annual returns to the regulator
- Leading an effective team, being performance and delivery focused
You must be a fully qualified accountant with strong communication and leadership skills. It is essential that the new incumbent has financial planning and risk management exposure, this experience will ideally have been gained within social housing or a related industry. This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to broaden their experience or embrace a new sector, in an organisation that has a clear vision and route to achieve its goals.
£80,000 - £90,000 plus benefits