Head of Investment
AffinitySutton and Circle Housing are looking to appoint a Head of Investment (Finance) to be based in their Central London office, reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Investment.
Affinity Sutton and Circle Housing are merging to form one of Europe's largest residential property businesses. With 122,000 properties it will provide homes for nearly 500,000 people. The new business will build 50,000 homes over ten years, making it one of the largest house builders in the UK. It will be formed of two main businesses: a charitable housing association and a fully commercial arm.
To achieve their growth ambitions they are looking to appoint two Heads of Investment (Finance) reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Investment who will work closely with the new company's Treasury department, the commercial company and a number of external stakeholders. These roles will provide the new group with the financial support needed for existing and new investments opportunities, working with internal stakeholders to shape new structures and deals, and ensuring that projects are on track from a financial perspective. They will make significant contributions to the Group's business strategy.
Key responsibilities will include;
- You will be a member of the Financial Planning & Investment senior management team, you will work with the team to ensure a strong financial framework is in place to support effective procurement, implementation and risk management of the Group's developments.
- Leading from a finance perspective on new major investment opportunities, these may include joint ventures, regeneration schemes, strategic partnerships or other growth routes.
- Working closely with the major investments bid team and external advisors to help win, negotiate and execute future projects.
- Providing commercial and financial advice to the Group regarding all aspects of the management of the Groups existing major investments from renegotiation through to assessment of ongoing fit, this will include presenting to the executive on your findings.
- Representing the Group at development project Boards as the finance representative, and attending the Investment Committee.
- Establishing and leading an effective team, that is performance and delivery focused.
You must be a fully qualified accountant with strong communication and the necessary gravitas to be successful in this role. It is essential that the new incumbent has worked in a large capital projects environment and is comfortable delivering financial management from 'end to end', including negotiation and structuring as part of a wider team. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to broaden their experience at an exciting time in the sector's development, in an organisation that has a clear vision and route to achieve its goals.
£85,000 - £95,000 plus benefits