I am exclusively working with a leading UK media business that are looking for a part qualified Financial Analyst.
Function of the role
- Support the business by providing accurate, informed and timely analysis of the financials to aid decision making.
- Own and deliver the month end management accounts, forecasts and budgets for all areas in scope of the role. Ensure all processes are standardised, documented and automated wherever possible.
- Influence and improve financial performance through effective business partnering.
- Assist and support cross-functional finance & business projects as necessary.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, this role will act as business partner, providing support to one of the key departments with a cost base of £75m, approximately 80 cost centres, and 650 FTE's.
- Support the delivery of the month end management accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly tracking (traffic light report)
- Provide quarterly forecasts and annual budget for operating costs including payroll and headcount. Ensure all stakeholders deliver to timetable, and provide challenge back where necessary.
- Manage and maintain the allocation and recharge processes across the desks.
- Throughout the year ensure budget holders manage to their budget and forecast through regular meetings and the provision of monthly P&L reporting.
- Identify any necessary course correction in the event of deviation from the financial plan.
- Monthly balance sheet reporting including full analysis of closing balance
- Provide first line check and approval for all POs (purchase orders) across the business areas in scope.
- Liaising and working with analysts and business partners from across finance when required.
- Headcount reporting analysis including new hire status and phasing.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed to ensure robust monthly reporting, efficient processes, clean audit and minimal risks.
- Other ad-hoc reporting or analysis, for example transactional spend reports, purchase order release work, chart of account requests etc.
Knowledge and experience
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- At least 3 years' experience in a management accounting role with exposure to running month end for multiple business areas
- Excel - intermediate level
- PowerPoint & Word - intermediate level
- Oracle and Hyperion Smartview/ Essbase experience very advantageous
- Experience in a commercial role is beneficial but not essential
Skills and behaviours
- Someone comfortable working in a business facing role, working out in the business
- Always looking for opportunities to improve and streamline tasks
- A keen eye for detail ensuring numbers are accurate and formatting consistent
- A value added approach, and willing to challenge the business when required
- Being able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks, with a quick turnaround when required
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.