A leading charity based in the heart of Central London is looking to recruit a Systems Accountant on a fixed term contract.
This role will report directly to the Finance Director, the core project for the job holder is to review recommend and implement new processes, whether using the existing sage software to its full capabilites, of if appropriate using Quickbooks/SAGE or another modern cloud based solution.
The key duties of this role include:
- Ensure financial management system complies with SORP and other best practice standards in charity finance
- Develop, in consultation with the Finance Director and CEO, appropriate management accounts
- Work with FD and other members of staff to produce accurately costed annual budget
- Support members of staff to work within their allocated budget and provide ad hoc reports
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Prepare and draft year-end accounts and supporting audit file
- Prepare the annual return to the Charity Commission
- Liaise with banks and cash mangers to manage cash balances.
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly
- Record and reconcile movements in investments on a monthly basis
- Review and authorise expenditure from special funds
- Ensure regular financial reports are provided for fund advisers
- Liaise with payroll agency as needed and maintain payroll records
- Devise and maintain effective electronic and paper filing systems for the Charity’s statutory records
- Ensure the regular, effective back-up of all computerised accounting records and the security and confidentiality of the Charity’s financial, accounting and payroll files
- Manage the pension scheme’s including those set up under auto enrolment
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within the non-profit sector, understand SORP regulations, someone who can implement hands on change to a more stream lined quicker more efficient accounts function, it is also essential to understand fund accounting for charities. This role requires an immediate start, so the successful candidate must be readily available.