Financial Reporting Accountant
My client, a leading global publishing company, are looking to a recruit a newly qualified ACA candidate for a Financial Reporting Accountant role.
This role is based in the central reporting team at the Finance function and works in partnership with Business Analysts who manage specific business lines and regional finance teams. The post holder will ensure the accurate, timely and relevant processing of financial data and will provide assistance as required to the central reporting team to ensure the consolidated monthly results are reported on time with continuous improvement in the quality and reliability of the submission.
- To support the monthly reporting process, including the preparation of various supporting schedules as required, UK and expat payroll processing and checking, headcount reporting, journal posting and to assist the Senior Business Analyst with the global submission of consolidated financial statements.
- To assist the Reporting team by owning the reconciliation of a number of balance sheet accounts and coordinating the wider balance sheet account reconciliation process as well as reviewing the reconciliations of other team members.
- To work in partnership with the tax team on accounting for transfer pricing, preparing information for year-end tax provision calculations, corporation tax analysis and assistance with the group reporting tax pack.
- To respond to ad hoc requests for financial information from HMRC.
- Calculation and booking of intercompany interest entries at year end.
- Prepare and post monthly transfer pricing entries and ensure transfer pricing nets to ni over the group.
- To assist with reporting Budgets and Forecasts for the Group.
- To provide ad-hoc analysis for the central finance and wider teams.
- Completion of 13 sets of statutory accounts; preparation of trial balances, calculating statutory adjustments, guiding the process through tax, audit and CoSec review.
- Involvement in year-end reporting, analysing year end results to complete statutory schedules for our Parent Company's accounts.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- An ACA qualified Accountant ideally with experience of reconciliation, audit and participation in the preparation of consolidated group accounts.
- Excellent analytical and technical financial skills, with the ability to diagnose and apply appropriate techniques to the resolution of business issues.
- Knowledge of Tranfer Pricing
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade.
- Organisation and planning skills with the ability to deal effectively with both short and long term goals.
- Enthusiasm, resilience, drive and commitment, with the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and pressured environment.
- Strong Excel skills are fundamental to this role.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.