Job ID: JO28183
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Location: York
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially focused accountant to join this fast growing organisation based in York. This role will report into and work closely with the MD of the business. Central to the role will be the provision of timely and effective management reporting and analysis. You will also be responsible for the improvement of systems and financial practices and to work with the wider management team on a range of issues.
Key duties will include;
- Manage the timely and accurate production of all costs and revenue for the business on a daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly basis
- Ensure all reporting meets the ongoing requirements of the business through ongoing evaluation Implement consistent practices and drive efficiencies Work collaboratively with the wider management team, assisting them in financial planning and supporting their activity
- Develop and maintain a strong culture within the team
- Develop and maintain key business relationships with appropriate stakeholders in the company
- Ensure all team members are aware of relevant statutory regulations, accounting standards and company policies Oversee an effective credit control policy
- Good working knowledge of VAT Work closely with the company's auditors and tax advisers
This role would suit a nearly or newly qualified ACCA or CIMA. You will have strong leadership skills and take a proactive approach with the ability to motivate self and others. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary guide £30000 - £35000
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week, please assume you have not been short listed. Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request. Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.