Finance Business Partner
To support in the production of monthly management and financial accounting information. To produce accurate and timely management information in line with specified timelines.
To support the business enabling management to make better informed decisions.
Main duties and Responsibilities
Accounting - Preparation of month end accounts
- To support in the production of accurate monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- Preparing required accruals to ensure accurate reporting of month end results
- Ensuring tight deadlines are met whilst maintaining the highest levels of accuracy
- To communicate with managers in the review process of the management accounts
- Producing monthly bad debt reconciliation and review with the Finance Business Partner.
Budgets and Forecasts
- Liaising with product teams to challenge and collate the proposed annual budget
- Produce annual budget and quarterly forecasts as per the agreed timetable and entered correctly into reporting system
- To assist in the production of weekly KPI reports for product teams, to include agreed key metrics such as sales, cash collection, call times, outstanding debt.
- Work with product teams to improve use of KPI reports
Financial management & controls
- Ensure the all company processes and procedures are adhered to
- Identify opportunities for improving and enhancing results
- To act as a key point of contact for all teams by building strong working relationships with the business
- To provide analysis of KPIs, profitability and trends to identify areas of opportunity or concern.
- To assist the Finance Business Partner with ad-hoc tasks as and when required
- Assist with year-end audit as required
- Other duties as required
Communications and working relationships
- Finance team
- All colleagues as appropriate
- Third party suppliers
Knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours required
- Qualified management accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Strong attention to detail with a passion for accuracy
- Good technical skills combined with first class budgeting, forecasting and analytical credentials
- A knowledge of Media Services Elan Web or Elan would be advantageous but is not essential
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment where meeting tight deadlines is critical
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.