Finance Business Partner
A rapidly developing team within a South Coast NHS Trust has an immediate requirement for a qualified Finance Business Partner to provide financial management to the trust.
Reporting directly into the Director of Finance you will have day to day responsibility for managing a team of two and act as the lead on the provision of comprehensive financial advice to the Directorate Management teams.
* To provide financial leadership and present complex financial management information to Directorates and other senior staff and Trust Executive Directors.
* Advising and supporting the Directorate in the identification and achievement of cost improvements to achieve and maintain financial balance and when required to challenge assumptions held to ensure the development of robust financial projections.
* Actively providing financial advice to the general management of the Directorates, to assist in the formulation of the strategic direction for the Directorates and to ensure that resources are effectively utilised to enable the Directorates to meet its objectives within available resources.
* Monitoring and reviewing all Directorates budget reports in accordance with Trust Standing Financial Instructions, internal procedures and timescales to ensure progress against business plan objectives.
* Ensuring that monthly financial reports completely reflect all known information about a specific budget at that point in time e.g. resolution of queries, in-year cost avoidance plans, developments, changes in service delivery to ensure the availability of relevant information to provide accurate forecasts of potential future activities.
* To lead on the provision of professional financial advice into the Directorate's business plans and ensuring the Assistant Director of Finance and Deputy Director of Finance are aware of the basis of the plans and assumptions.
* To make use of comparative tools such as benchmarking in developing rolling financial plans and to lead on developing their use within the Directorates.
* To support the Assistant Director of Finance in co-ordinating a programme of financial training for non-finance staff within the Directorate to ensure a high level of financial management skills is present across the Directorate.
* Co-ordinate production of accurate costing information within the directorates, and understand, analyse and disseminate reference cost information throughout the directorate.
The successful candidate will hold a recognised accounting qualification and have previous experience within either the NHS or similar organisation. Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability challenge and influnence senior management is essential. You must be able to start immediatley or on a short notice period.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role.