A truly amazing and rare opportunity to join and support the Directors of a growing advisory firm with a clear and defined route to Directorship.
Supporting the Directors in the smooth running of the Practice from technical advise and knowledge through to marketing and business development. Core duties will include;
Assisting the Directors and company to:
Ensure that the quality of work and practice procedures conform to those lay down by the various governing bodies (i.e. JMU visits).
- Control and update the Information Technology requirements of the business.
- Deal with the invoicing process and potentially some administrative tasks of the business.
- Systemise the business further.
- Assess potential benefits to clients from other functions offered by the firm.
- Deal with financial institutions such as Banks, Factoring companies and other providers of finance on behalf of clients.
- Promote and sell the Practice and its services to potential clients, Financial Institutions and the Business and Commercial community.
- Network and represent the Practice at external events
- To report to the Directors.
- To manage a Portfolio of Clients and provide ongoing support.
- To manage a team of Client Manager, Senior Client Accountant and Client Accountants on the same portfolio of clients.
- To manage the filing deadlines for year end accounts and corporation Tax returns (CT600's) for the clients in their portfolio.
- To review the Annual Returns produced by Client Administration prior to filing for the clients within their portfolio.
- To review all draft year end accounts and tax computations produced by Client Managers & Client Accountants whom manage client companies within the portfolio.
- To review personal tax computations prepared by Client Managers & Client Accountants for client owners within the portfolio of clients.
- To review the company structure and ensure all new legislation is kept up to date to ensure the company is being tax efficient.
- Completion of their own compliance work including preparation of accounts, tax computations and company, partnership and individual tax returns.
- Preparation of business and personal tax computations and returns.
- Using IRIS Practice Suite, Sage software and certain cloud based accounting software's on behalf of clients e.g. Liberty Accounts, Xero.
- Attending finalisation meetings with clients and discussing future strategies for the business and tax planning issues.
- Providing strategic consultancy and financial management services including preparation of monthly management accounts, cash flow forecasts and projections, budgeting, Vat returns, payroll etc; effectively an outsourced 'quasi' Financial Controller role.
- Advising on the improvement of profitability and business efficiency through continuous monitoring and by implementing effective business controls and re-systemising the client businesses.
- Helping to control and manage the cash flow of the client businesses.
- To review budgets and projections prepared by the Client Manager.
- Reducing the burden of taxation on the businesses and their owners with good tax planning and advice.
- Preparing business plans and helping source and negotiate the raising of finance. Conducting business valuations on clients businesses.
- Actively looking to introduce new clients to the company and help promote and sell its services to prospective clients, financial institutions and the business community.
- Ensuring the phone is answered at all times.