Media Management Accountant opportunity £45,000 - £50,000
My client, a global a fast-growing and digital education company, home to the world's largest online community of teachers and operations in the UK, US and Australia are looking for a Management Accountant to join their Finance team.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing the management accounts and supporting the business in understanding key revenue drivers and in managing costs.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly management accounts
- Improve the timeliness, relevance and quality of management information reporting to the relevant commercial team, profit and cost centre managers
- Help maintain and develop the monthly management information pack, including focus on key profit drivers and variance analysis
- Provide monthly commentary on results, key variances and trends for the relevant area of responsibility
- Assist with month end planning, to ensure timely and accurate production of management accounts and to manage month end in line with plan
- Work with the relevant commercial team, the FP&A team and rest of the management accounts team to help analyse and interpret both financial and qualitative information in order to make sound recommendations
- Prepare weekly sales reporting and variance analysis
- Analyse and interpret historic data and forecast results and prepare trend analysis to predict future performance
- Provide in-depth monthly analysis on the impact of the move of the business towards a subscription model
- Maintain high levels of service to the business and become an effective partner to the relevant commercial team, profit and cost centre managers
- Maintain control over posting to relevant P&L accounts and ensure that accrual, prepayment and deferred revenue accounts are fully analysed on a monthly basis with appropriate backup
- Work with the FP&A team to help ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting and to help identify trends / issues at an early stage
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to be a qualified accountant currently working as a Management Accountant in industry within the Media industry. Experience of producing Management Accounts and business partnering with senior stakeholders is key for this role.