General Ledger Specialist
This is a superb time be joining our client - an International Business Services Client, who operate their European Centre of Excellence in Slough, Berkshire, due to a recent expansion of their UK operation. They take pride in everything they do, and offer great training and on-boarding service to al new starters, and often internally promote their staff, to offer excellent career progression and future opportunities to all staff.
As a General Ledger Specialist, initially hired on a 4-5 month temporary basis, you will be required to provide specialist general ledger accounting services and support to a number of entities within the business
Main responsibilities as a General Ledger Specialist -
- To ensure the timely and accurate recording and reporting of transactions to those ledgers and the integrity of the resulting balance sheets and financial reporting
- Prepare all manual journal entries required to complete month-end and annual accounts and to ensure the accuracy and timely posting of entries from sub-ledgers and other entry sources.
- Ensure that all accruals, prepayments and any other adjusting entries are booked as necessary
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts in line with SOX and risk management requirements
- Inter-company accounts reconciliations
- Ensure suspense accounts are analysed and cleared on a monthly basis
- Produce monthly packs providing Balance Sheet and P & L analysis and supporting commentary
- Produce information required by external auditors
- Provide accurate financial and management accounting information and analysis to other interested parties including commercial and senior management
- Liaise and cooperate with the Statutory Reporting Manager, external auditors and corporate accounting to ensure the timely production of statutory financial statements.
- Manage cash and bank balances ensuring the availability of funding and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts in conjunction with the Cash Specialist/Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required as a General Ledger Specialist:
- Part qualified CIMA or ACCA accountant or Qualified by Experience
- Practical and proven accounting experience in a similar large organisation.
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Superb inter personal skills
- High level of computer literacy including spreadsheets (pivot tables, Vlookups etc), word processing (Microsoft), and experience automated accounting systems
- Oracle or SAP experience highly desirable
-Team player able to demonstrate flexibility, effective communicator and cool under pressure.
- Must be deadline and detail conscious
- Exposure to SOX and US GAAP would also be very advantageous but not essential
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with an ambitious, career-focussed team as a General Ledger Specialist, and my client is able to wait up to 2 weeks for the right candidate. Please contact me for further details of this superb General Ledger Specialist role, based in Slough.