An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an experienced Payroll Specialist, to join a small but growing payroll team of 4, to be based for our Business Services Client, who operate the Shared Service Centre on the outskirts of Slough, Berkshire.
Our client is experiencing a period of high growth, and as such requires an experienced Payroll Specialist to support this growth, initially for 3-4 months, with a high likelihood of extension.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will report directly into the Payroll Manager, and you will be responsible for coordinating and administering Payrolls for the EMEA region. The Payroll team ensures that all employees on these payrolls receive the correct salary, standard payments and deductions as well as any additional non-standard payments The payroll team also interacts with the service bureau providers and local administrators as required on a regular basis.
Main Responsibilities as a Payroll Specialist:
- Assist in administration of monthly payroll for the UK and some European payrolls for the business (c700-800 employees in total)
- Ensure all records are stored and adequately maintained for the required period of time.
- Enter any payroll changes as notified and authorised by local and Head Office HR Staff
- Obtain and maintain records for other payroll benefits on a monthly basis
- Process cash payments through the payroll as directed
- Maintain and file regular benefits-related returns and submissions
- Up-date P11D records, and administer any necessary deductions through payroll.
- Raise journals and reconcile monthly payroll balances to the General Ledgers.
- Provide monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all nominal ledgers, for all assigned payroll related accounts and costs, including the payroll control account, tax accounts, corporate and management bonuses and confidential accruals.
- Working with the service bureau providers, ensure monthly payrolls are administered to comply with company and banking deadlines.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are adequately documented to comply with company and regulatory requirements, including SOX compliance.
- Administer maternity and statutory payments as instructed by HR and in compliance with company maternity policy.
- Provide responses to any queries received from government departments and tax authorities, pension trustees, auditors, consultants and internal management as appropriate.
- Create and administer any manual payments, as requested and authorised by HR.
- Provide query resolution for employees and staff on all EMEA Region payrolls within scope.
- Ensure all non-standard payments (overtime, shift allowance, on-call, bonuses, etc) are accurately administered on a monthly basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience as a Payroll Specialist:
- Minimum of 2-3 years UK payroll experience, including working in a multi-national would be an advantage.
- Used to monthly payroll cycles and ideally some European payroll processing experience
- Exposure to working with bureaux as well as different HR contacts in various locations
- Previous payroll accounting experience - journals, reconciliations, holiday accruals, tax calculations etc
Good working knowledge of Excel, and ADP system would be an advantage
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self motivated.
- Strong team player.
- Cultural awareness, with an ability to work with people at all levels across a number of countries.
- Journal input and account reconciliation experience essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of requirement to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality at all times
This is a superb opportunity to join an award-wining business as a Payroll Specialist, and my client is able to wait 1-2 weeks for the right candidate. My client will offer full training and you will be based at their Centre of Excellence near Slough.