Commercial Financial Controller
Heyland Recruitment have been engaged by our client, a highly regarded, large and successful international manufacturing business in the Warrington area, as they look to appoint an experienced Manufacturing Commercial Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Group Financial Director, the Financial Controller will take full responsibility and financial control for a 60 million turnover division of this large well renowned international group.
The role has been the result of a recent restructure in the business and requires the successful individual to play a key part not only in the day to day running of the finance function, but also to provide accurate and insightful commercial information that will directly add value to the bottom line and existing processes.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the accurate and timely production and distribution of financial information to the business directors and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the reporting and the analysis of the operational performance of the business across the UK manufacturing site.
- Ongoing development of an effective Business Analyst team. Including conducting Annual PDRs with each team member.
- Divisional Sales analysis across selling divisions.
- Ensuring strict month end reporting deadlines are adhered too.
- Development of robust budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Development and ongoing improvement of financial and operational information and KPI’s.
- Proactive and strong liaison and communication with senior managers within the business, up to and including Director level.
- Direct point of contact with external Professional bodies – Auditors, Tax, HMRC, Insurance etc.
- Direct input to strategic growth initiatives.
- Cash management control and working capital management across the UK operating divisions.
- Take the lead in all operational aspects of the business.
- Overhead Analysis – working with budget holders to implement business cost savings.
- Responsible for the authorisation of supplier payment runs.
- To assist the Group FD, including deputising for the FD as and when required.
- Balance Sheet Management, Costing Analysis.
- Inventory Control including the analysis of slow moving and obsolete stock.
- Responsible for calculating and maintaining accurate customer rebate provisions.
- Adhering to Group Reporting requirements and deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA Accountant who is both commercially astute and technically competent in order to deliver robust reporting & analysis along with implementing and developing existing processes. You will be “hands on” with the ability to communicate at all levels within the business, leading and motivating the finance team developing and upskilling their current skillset. Candidates will ideally have worked in a manufacturing environment within a larger business or as part of a larger group function.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a business that offers full autonomy, that allows you play an integral part and have direct impact in maximising growth and profit opportunities. You will receive a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.