Assistant Country Controller
UK Assistant Controller for a Multinational Media Corporation.
The UK Assistant Controller is a critical member of the finance function, providing support to the UK Country controller and the UK Controller team. Providing accounting support to ensure that financial statements are prepared accurately and on a timely basis.
The key focus of the role is balance sheet reporting to NY, preparing UK statutory accounts, performing VAT return checks and preparing US GAAP corporation tax submissions.
- Prepare and post journals for members of the team.
- Prepare, analyse and maintain management information of relevant Balance Sheet accounts.
- Preparation of local monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of management information to New York reporting team.
- Review, and performing calculation checks of 5 UK & Ireland company VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly and annual tax packs to the company board.
- Provide information and co-ordinate completion of annual corporation tax returns with tax consultants.
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounting schedules with support for UK companies.
- Preparation of the annual PSA return.
- Preparation of Freelancer payroll journal
- Preparation of WHT return
- Preparation of Office of National Statistics returns and managing tax/companies house administration
- Provide accounting support and assistance as required, ensuring that the business adheres to the relevant accounting and tax laws and regulations.
- Provide support on the internal controls.
- Assist UK Country Controller and controller team on adhoc projects as and when they arise.
- Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Demonstrable understanding of technical accounting and tax competencies
- Ability to deal with tight and changing deadlines, remaining calm under pressure
- SAP/BW reporting/Longview/JDE,
- Multisite/company environment experience
- Multicurrency experience
- Working Corporation Tax and VAT knowledge
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.