Sellick Partnership has been exclusively assigned to recruit a Finance Manager for a financial services organisation based in Manchester city centre.
This exciting opportunity is a newly created, broad and all-encompassing role within a fast growing organisation, which is looking to double in size over the next couple of years. This critical role will have direct management responsibility of the Treasury Accountant and Management Accountant and work in partnership with the Insight team, Payroll and Purchase ledger functions.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Produce monthly management accounts together with supporting variance analysis and control accounts to an agreed timetable.
- Present the accounts and financial analysis to a range of stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure robust controls over all aspects of the Treasury and accounting environment, able to identify areas for systems development, design appropriate plans and implement changes efficiently.
- Supervise the work of others, including partnership with non-direct reports, including setting and monitoring objectives, providing coaching and performance improvement where appropriate.
- Participate in the budgeting/forecasting process, engage with senior management on financial issues and advise on the impact of commercial trends and operational decisions.
- Familiar with recent accounting developments and able to prepare statutory accounts for management and audit review (FRS102 and IAS39).
- Responsible for the day to day Management of the audit process
- Understand and account for the tax consequences of transactions, prepare draft computations and identify where further specialist advice may be required.
- Preparation of budgets and maintenance/development of the business financial model
- Producing business models and MI to assist/support commercial decision making
- Partnering with business insight and credit risk
- Management of all relationships with external funders
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Control and efficiency review
- Ad-hoc requirements from the board
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience in a similar role. Financial services or consumer finance exposure is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate should be commercial astute, and able to identify key trends, risks and opportunities within the business. You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong analytical skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making. Managerial experience is important to this role. Excel modelling - power user is essential and SPSS and/or Crystal reporting would be desirable
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Sellick Partnership have gone mobile. Simply visit our website using your mobile device to ensure that you don't miss out on your next career move...