My client is a highly successful Exeter based services business. With a passion for providing top quality products, they are a leading supplier to an impressive range of high profile clients in both a national and international capacity. Following several years` successful growth, they are now seeking to appoint an experienced "hands on" commercial Finance Director. This is a key appointment for a fully qualified accountant who will work closely with the Managing Director. You will be a bright enthusiastic and commercial driven accountant, with previous experience in a sizable manufacturing business.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties of this post will include, though not be limited to:
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Cash flow Forecasting
- Product costing
- All financial reporting (Statutory and management), internal controls and accounting processes and procedures
- Sales analysis including product profitability review.
- Management and development of the Finance team
- Responsible for all VAT, PAYE and Intrastat administration and returns.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances.
- Report to the monthly managers meetings on finance matters and provide input on other matters.
- Preparation of the Annual Budget and other reports for management.
- Act as the main point of contact for the bank and provide information as required and lead the negotiation of bank facilities.
- Produce monthly management accounts and draft annual accounts within agreed timetable.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls.