Head of Finance
My client is seeking to recruit a fully qualified accountant with a strong background in either manufacturing or commercial sales. You will be responsible for managing a sizable finance team handling multi-site business operations throughout the United Kingdom. You will need to have
A strong technical understanding of UK & US GAAP in addition to robust management skills in terms of managing and motivating the finance team. More specific duties will include:
- Plan and lead the production of the annual accounts
- Liaise with external auditors
- Responsible for Corporate financial reporting
- Ensure adequate internal controls to safeguard assets and ensure proper accounting
- Support requirements of Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
- Support the requirements of the Internal Audit function.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly corporation tax computations
- Supervise, manage and mentor finance department Controllers
- Responsible for maintaining adequate insurance policies across the UK businesses
- Provide guidance to wider business on financial & tax implications of decisions as required
Salary: up to 70K basic (depending on experience) + car allowance, bonus, health care and excellent additional benefits. 9- 12 month initial contract with possibility of permanent employment