Finance Director - Residential Property Developer - Surrey - OUR CLIENT is a private, established residential property developer with a number of ongoing active projects and a solid pipeline. They have solely instructed us to work with them to identify a new commercial and entrepreneurial Finance Director to fill a 'hands on' and diverse role.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Board, the incumbent will assume control of all financial and accounting matters and head up a small finance team. Responsibilities will incorporate but not be limited to the following:-
- Day to day running of the business - including liaising with the Development Director to provide support on financial matters and maintaining effective controls over the business.
- Overseeing the day to day reporting including project WIPs, cashflows, management accounts, financial statements, payroll and statutory reporting (e.g. VAT and CIS).
- Managing existing banking and lending relationships and sourcing new ones when appropriate.
- Assuming overall responsibility for the systems and financial controls associated with a group of companies and associated reporting the overall position to the Board / family on a monthly basis.
- Attending board meetings and offering opinion and advice.
- Ad hoc projects.
THE PERSON - To apply, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA/ CIMA) and be able to demonstrate considerable, relevant real estate experience (ideally residential sector development). The role additionally requires a commercial and enthusiastic professional who is able to identify the key drivers of decisions to be made, collate and analyse the appropriate data/risks and present findings in a plain and easily digestible way. You will need to be able to think on your feet and adapt solutions to the situation at hand and possess a 'sleeves rolled up' approach.
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.