Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Finance Reporting Manager for an instantly recognisable financial services organisation in Manchester.
You will be responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of individual regulatory reporting returns to the PRA, accurately and in a controlled, timely manner. The role-holder is also required to undertake continuous improvement exercise on returns.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Plans and prepares PRA returns to ensure the returns are submitted accurately, efficiently and in line with the regulatory deadlines.
- Demonstrates a culture of continuous process improvement and ensures robust controls are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all emerging prudential regulatory requirements for the regulatory returns within responsibility are understood and ensure that appropriate plans are in place to meet these in a compliant manner.
- Responsible for making changes to specific returns, as directed internally or by the PRA. Participate in firm-wide projects that impact returns.
- Updates policies and procedures and ensures appropriate maintenance of all relevant documentation.
- Supports, when required, Regulatory Reporting Team in delivery of all other returns
- Builds, develops and maintains strategic relationships with Finance colleagues and with key internal and external stakeholders
- Maintains a high level of colleague performance and development and facilitates succession planning
- Participates in a regulatory training framework for the business.
- Demonstrates and promotes the organisation's culture and values.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) coupled with a strong academic record. Due to the multi-faceted nature of this position it is essential that the successful individual has proven experience in relationship building, influencing others as well as managing people and projects.
- Excellent regulatory knowledge of the banking industry, with some broader financial services knowledge preferred
- Good knowledge of Prudential regulatory rules and requirements
- Knowledge of business structure, core activities, strategy, objectives and key result areas
- Understanding of the retail banking industry
- Good influencing skills, able to interface at Manager level
- Proven experience of operating at a management adviser level
- Experience of delivering change with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong focus on development and continuous improvement of control environments
- Good experience of competently dealing with regulatory bodies
- Excellent skills in managing deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking and priorities
- Communicates effectively at the senior levels, in a style appropriate to audience
- Experience of driving business performance
- Qualified accountant
In a workplace where teamwork is essential, excellent people skills are a must. Likewise the individual must be diligent with has a keen eye for detail and an analytical mind. If you consider yourself to be a committed, motivated individual, who can demonstrate the above skills then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership have gone mobile. Simply visit our website using your mobile device to ensure that you don't miss out on your next career move, whilst on the move...