Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Reporting Accountant for an instantly recognisable financial services organisation in Manchester.
You will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of regulatory return templates to the regulators; principally Finrep to the PRA, with supporting activity for wider regulatory reporting. Reporting scope for individual is focussed upon common financial accounting measures typically seen in Financial/Statutory accounts, in addition to preparation and analysis of the more granular attributes that the reports require.
The role supports the integrity and transparency of these returns and ensures a culture of high performance, continuous improvement and robust control is maintained. In addition the role holder will build and maintain excellent relationships across a sizeable band of stakeholders across different teams and at differing levels of seniority. The role offers broad experience in a modern finance environment providing excellent opportunities for later career progression.
The role holders responsibilities will be broad, but will typically include;
- Prepare accurate and timely returns for submission to the regulator, and be able to demonstrate understanding and rationale for figures as part of review process
- Establish excellent inter-team relationships, and manage stakeholders from across the business.
- Proactively investigate and instigate continuous process improvement for returns in scope
- Maintain process, procedural and technical interpretation documentation.
- Support maintenance of a robust financial control environment within the team, ensuring data provenance for the returns in scope
- Confidently handle all internal and external queries and challenges and manage their expectations appropriately, providing first class business advice
- Act as a source of technical expertise, providing guidance and advice as necessary
- Support the transformation agenda via impact assessment on returns, SME advice to projects, and participation in solutions design and testing
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) coupled with a strong academic record. You will ideally have specific experience of regulatory reporting and a proven track record of delivering projects. A familiarity of financial services industry accounts is also desirable. Due to the multi-faceted nature of this position it is essential that the successful individual has skills in managing deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking and priorities.
Experience of liaising with management, across teams and functions and being a key person in a high performing team. Demonstrable experience of operating in a continuous improvement environment - confidence to challenge the "as is" and visualise the "to be". Experience partnering with project work-streams to assist in delivering their change agenda. Advanced Excel skills, proficiency in MS Word, and PowerPoint.
In a workplace where teamwork is essential, excellent people skills are a must. Likewise the individual must be diligent with has a keen eye for detail and an analytical mind. If you consider yourself to be a committed, motivated individual, who can demonstrate the above skills then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.