Audit / Tax Case Manager
Robert Half Finance and Accountancy are hiring for a Case Manager for a leading membership organisation of tax and audit professionals, based in Milton Keynes. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract position to cover maternity leave.
Reporting into a Senior Manager, the Case manager will be assigned to a certain business stream based on their area of expertise - Either audit, tax, general accounting or insolvency.
He or she will be tasked with dealing with complaints and disputes about the organisation's members in the allocated business steam; The Case Manager will need to assess the veracity of the compliant, analyse the conduct and process of the member in question and advise the business whether there is a case to be made, and if so what appropriate action needs to be taken.
A high-level of customer service and professionalism needs to be maintained, as well as a thorough, impartial assessment of the member, and all the while protecting the reputation and brand of the organisation.
· Manage to resolution a portfolio of casework and where appropriate find pragmatic solutions to problems.
· Manage volume and timeliness of reporting and ensure high standards of reporting are maintained to provide internal/external stakeholders (eg committees, members, the public, other regulators) with an accurate and balanced view of the outcomes.
· Answer correspondence and telephone enquiries in a timely manner and provide information to firms and members within area of technical knowledge.
· Develop, implement and maintain effective systems and procedures to support casework including providing regular updates and feedback on own casework to senior managers.
· Where appropriate, facilitate and prepare work for consideration by Committees and assist the Committees secretary to support and monitor the work of the of the Committees to ensure effective discharge of their responsibilities.
· Provide assistance and advice in area of specialist knowledge to colleagues across the organisation
Hours are likely to be 9am-5pm (or start and finish earlier/later if required) and so the role offers a good work/life balance.
The company is looking to hire a qualified professional in one of the following areas - Audit, Taxation, General Accountancy, Insolvency - For example (ACA, CTA, IIA).
The successful candidate is likely to be at assistant manager or manager level and will have had prior experience working in a practice environment. Strong stakeholder management and customer relations skills are required, as well as up-to-date knowledge in the specific area of expertise.
The client is a leading membership organisation of tax, audit, accountancy and insolvency professionals and are instantly recognizable in the UK.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is in the region of £45,000 to £55,000 plus benefits package, and the company can offer a good work/life balance.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.