Assistant Manager/Manager - Audit Financial Services Roles for Top 10 Firm.
Based in Central Bristol.
Excellent Career Progression Opportunities.
Client is a Top 10 Practice Firm based in a desirable central Bristol location.
Proven history of rewarding achievement and furthering careers of employees.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Manager/Manager - Audit Financial Services roles are:
- Take responsibility for planning, executing and finalising all areas of the audit assignment for Manager or Partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with Managers or Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients, identifying opportunities and be a point of contact for clients throughout the year.
- Prepare initial draft reports including audit opinions, CASS opinions and management letters.
- Manage against budgets, agree and negotiate fees and agree cash collection..
- Conduct rigorous project and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues in a timely manner.
- Supervise, coach, develop and appraise trainees and executives within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Actively provide regular feedback to trainees and executives, assisting them with their development plans and preparing engagement appraisals.
- Ensures job appraisals are completed for staff within set deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training of the audit team and wider audit group.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients businesses.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Support Partners and Senior Managers in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
Required experience for the Assistant Manager/Manager - Audit Financial Services roles are:
- Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience with working with financial services clients.
- Experience with CASS auditing.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members on client premises and in the office.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience producing reports, completion memos and presentations for clients.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience in internal audit.
- Experience in report writing.
- Appetite for networking and sales.
- Experience in pitching to clients and preparing presentations for client proposals.
- Financial Service sector experience across a broad range of sub sectors including asset management and lenders.
- Experience of Financial Services regulatory reporting specifically s166 projects.
£40,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience.
Excellent career progression prospects.
Competitive Benefits package.