Manager - Employment Tax role within Global Firm.
Proven career progression.
Challenging and varied role.
Global Firm in the heart of Bristol.
Role and Responsibilities for a Manager - Employment Tax are:
- Managing work in relation to a wide variety of employment tax advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews
- Managing employer compliance activities relating to areas such as PAYE health checks, SAO certification, HMRC's "Know Your Customer" reviews, voluntary disclosures, PAYE Settlement Agreements and running projects relating to payroll advisory such as end to end payroll process reviews and National Minimum Wage investigations.
- In addition, tasks will include managing the delivery of ad-hoc employment tax advice relating to areas such as employment status reviews, termination payments, salary sacrifice and due diligence's
- Taking responsibility for managing and delivering work to a high standard and meeting deadlines
- Proactively dealing with engagement management aspects of project delivery including work in progress, billing and risk procedures and with consideration for the financial and commercial implications when making difficult decisions
- Reviewing work and coaching and developing junior colleagues
- Managing and developing client relationships through business development activities
- Involvement in local marketing initiatives
- CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
Experience and skills for Manager - Employment Tax are:
- Negotiates effectively by emphasising potential benefits of a suggested approach
- Provides compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
- Provides persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Applies sound judgement when faced with challenging decisions
- Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Continuously learns from experiences; seeks out feedback and development opportunities
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback; coaches less experienced colleagues
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of the client through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Thorough understanding of practical employment tax issues including payroll, social security and accounting for employment tax including familiarity with the employment tax requirements for internationally mobile employees.
Very Competitive Salary
Proven career progression.
Excellent benefits package.