Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Finance Analyst. The purpose of this position is to conduct ongoing reviews of financial processes, to strengthen the internal controls and to deliver timely, accurate and reliable management information including management accounts and ad hoc client requests.
Our client is the market leading and most recognised provider of services in their sector in the UK. They operate from over 500 locations and have a client portfolio that includes institutional investors, corporate and private, as well as local authorities and NHS trusts. With an annual turnover of over £¼ billion they serve more than 60 million customers a year.
Their sector has seen huge, exciting changes in the last decade and will continue to see innovations that transform their business as well as their customer journey. As technologies available to our client evolve, it offers greater opportunities to create a service proposition of today, tomorrow and the future.
Senior Finance Analyst – Main Responsibilities
- To build relationships with relevant stakeholders, building knowledge and financial awareness, ensuring any risks or opportunities are proactively managed and shared appropriately
- Work closely with and support relevant stakeholders in taking a data based approach to decision making, proactively supporting client requests and commercial innovation;
- Responsible for month end processes including, but not limited to:
- Work within the prescribed period end reporting cut-offs and reporting timetable to produce monthly management accounts;
- Reviewing management accounts and ensuring all variances against budget are fully challenged and explained.
- Responding to all queries promptly and professionally and ensuring corrective action is taken
- Preparing any month end commentary / reports as required
- Producing monthly financial reviews with contract managers which includes producing accurate P&Ls and supporting schedules
- Supporting the Head of Finance Operations (HoFO) in ensuring that financial governance and control within the business is in line with group and shareholder requirements.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed within deadlines and all appropriate actions are being taken to clear reconciling items promptly.
- Communicating effectively any discrepancies highlighted through the reconciliation process
- Highlighting any potential risks & opportunities to management
- Prepare accurate weekly and monthly internal and external reports, including but not limited to:
- Prepare accurate KPI weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare explanations for variances against budget/prior year.
- Interrogate management information to support and facilitate relationship with our client
- Conduct quality control review before circulating to clients and other stakeholders
- Presenting such information at client meetings
- To produce management information to proactively identify business performance and trends
- Perform a detail review of the accounting processes and controls
- Hands on approach on monthly reconciliation of key account balances and ongoing review of processes and systems
- Key player in supporting the group budgeting process as well as taking ownership and responsibility for the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Ensure the adherence to the group forecast, budget and planning cycles.
- Prepare budgets and forecasting in accordance with client formats and timelines
- Taking the lead in the audit process for contracts that require an audit and preparing documentation where required
- Liaising with auditors during the audit
- Responding to client queries relating to any audit adjustments made
- Assisting in preparing audit working papers for each client
- Provide financial support to new business ventures and be an integral part of any tender process, this should include post investment appraisal;
- Understand the growth strategy linked to the business units and to support this where required.
- Supporting the HoFO in receiving any new contracts from Business Development Department and the onboarding thereof.
- Be an expert at accessing and combining different sources of financial and non-financial data and develop useful insights into the business;
- Continuously improve and maintain the “data suite” used for decision making within the business
Senior Finance Analyst – The Candidate
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 2 years experience in an analyst or similar role
- Good Data Manipulation / interrogation skills;
- Good attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills;
- Knowledge of Financial Appraisal Techniques and Investment Appraisal;
- Good IT skills (Excel – preferable at Advanced level, and Oracle);
- Ability to develop and monitor relevant business KPIs
- Good working knowledge of OLAP tools, such as TM1;
- Experience of client reporting and relationships from an internal and external perspective;
- Experience of working with multi site and multi client operations;
- Retail/FM sector experience would be advantageous;
- Experience of interpreting client requests into useable reports