An exciting and challenging role for a part or full time Personal Tax Senior has arisen in a Leading Top 20 Accountancy Practice near Ashford, involving a good mix of technically challenging advisory work alongside the management of a portfolio of clients. The role will be a key role in the firm's tax department managing the personal tax compliance, supporting the tax consulting and tax marketing activities of the firm.
Our Client is a Leading Accountancy Practice, based near Ashford. Founded many years ago, our client is focused on the demands of the business and commercial environment of their clients. Providing value added, contemporary advice, the firm treats each client as an individual and tailor their recommendations accordingly.They're protective of their record, and proud that their clients typically have a long and established relationship with them.
They are renowned for the extremely high technical competency of their staff and take great pride in the low turn over of personnel.
As a Part or full time Personal Tax Senior in this Kent based, Leading Accountancy Practice, you will have a challenging yet very rewarding role, with a strong mixture of both advisory and compliance work. They will work closely with the Senior Manager and will head up the team with prospects to progress to Partnership in the future. The role will entail the following;
- A key role in the firm's tax department managing the personal tax compliance, supporting the tax consulting and tax marketing activities of the firm
- Exposure to varied and challenging tax issues on clients across a range of private client issues
- The opportunity to develop tax technical skills and to build a role around the individual's strengths
- Experience of managing a client portfolio, including all aspects of the service, including managing client relationships, reviewing of subordinate's work and WIP/BIlling Management
- Experience of managing a private client tax team including recruitment, appraisals, training and supporting team members' career development
- Involvement with identifying planning opportunities from existing and potential clients
- Involvement with the development of the Personal Tax Compliance Process
- The provision of internal tax technical support to partners, tax team members and other personnel.
- Supporting marketing initiatives for the firm, for example by identifying marketing opportunities, writing tax articles and internal technical updates
- Working on Non-Domicile Clients, Partnerships, Trusts, Company Directors, International Tax matters amongst other things
To successfully become a Personal Tax Senior, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following;
- CTA/ACA Qualified
- A strong Academic Background
- An established track record since qualifying
- Strong working knowledge of Non-Dom Tax matters
- Understanding of issues relevant to OMBs and their owners, such as profit extraction, loans to participators etc
- Ability to manage conflicting demands
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Responsible and flexible attitude towards work
- A competitive package with excellent benefits
- Opportunity to work in a firm with an excellent reputation for the technical skills of its staff
- Opportunity to work within a firm with an extremely low turnover of staff that values succession planning and career development
- Working within a firm that employs leading authorities in International and Personal Tax Issues
- Clear progression prospects