Commercial Finance Manager
Would you like to work for an established Private Equity Backed SME business embarking on a variety of new initiatives for a new Commercial Finance Manager to be involved with?
We are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least 3-4 years PQE.
Ideally you will bring a varied background, having started your career in a General Accounting or Audit and then moving in to a Commercial / Analytical role within a Mid-Size Business.
Essentially this role is the No.2 to the Finance Director and will provide you with a lot of exposure to sales constantly challenging the rolling forecast and then crucially providing robust reporting to the PE Owners.
You will be responsible for driving cross departmental cooperation through engagement with stakeholders across the business, as well as improving the MI reporting - especially integrated PL, BS and CF reporting with detailed commentary.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Finance Director (as line manager)
- Commercial Director
- Head of Business Development
- Executive Management Team
- Commercial team
- Direct reports and peers in the finance team
- Take charge of the month-end closing, including setting the schedule, report flash and final numbers to the FD and run the month-end reports;
- Lead the annual budget process;
- Mentor and train two management accountants (delegate work, review and feedback);
- Act as business partner to the CD and the HoBD in preparing monthly rolling forecasts for the B2B business;
- Take charge of the monthly forecasting for other areas of the business;
- The above will also include making sure the Financial Accountant report balance sheet and cash flow on a timely basis;
- Support the Financial Accountant in the audit process;