Private Client Tax Assistant Manager
As Private Client Tax Assistant Manager you will join a team of personal tax advisors working on a portfolio of high profile and medium sized clients. The work is advisory focused and you will have responsibility for your own allocation.
This top 20 accountancy practice has been around for more than 90 years and is made up of multiple offices across London and the South East. With a focus on entrepreneurial business and building long lasting relationships the practice has built a strong reputation in the their market. This role sits in their City of London office.
As Private Client Tax Assistant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio, consisting of a mix of clients with multiple sources of earned and investment income.
- A key point of contact for the client.
- Dealing with larger partnerships and high net worth individuals.
- Dealing with a wide range of capital gains tax issues.
- Ability to produce work to a high standard, to be reviewed on an exception basis.
- Responsible for managing other members of the team and mentoring junior members of staff including reviewing their work.
- Reporting on tax and other implications of incorporation of partnerships either as limited companies or limited liability partnerships.
- Experience in Self Assessment and preparation of tax computations.
- Experience of report writing and ad hoc advisory work.
- Advising with regards to EIS and SEIS
- Knowledge of international tax principles such as transfer pricing and mechanics of double tax relief and operation of tax treaties
- Planning for mitigation of Inheritance Tax including use of trusts and tax affect of lifetime transfers
- Dealing with enquiries into all aspects of direct taxation including experience of settlement and penalty negotiation.
- Private clients and proprietors of OMB's (Partnerships and Companies)
- Non Dom and non resident clients.
- UK based HNWIs
- Property owning clients using corporate vehicles and trusts.
- Ability to come up with creative ideas, both technically and for business development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and presentation.
- Good understanding of personal taxation issues.
- ATT/CTA Qualified or studying for CTA.
- Top 20 Accountancy practice
- City of London
- Private Client Tax Assistant Manager role with good progression opportunities
- Excellent benefits