Our client is a fund management company specialising in forestry, land and renewable energy. Funds under management are growing rapidly. The company handles substantial transactions on behalf of clients, providing a full management and accounting service including audit and has an excellent record of providing a first class service to its client base.
The appointment requires a self‐motivated individual to actively take control of all accounting functions for a range of clients or funds, to deliver financial accounts and management information on a timely basis to set deadlines. In addition the individual will assist in the expansion of the business going forward, including identifying improvements to working practices.
The Company’s business is becoming involved in larger and more complex investment vehicles, which require a greater degree of financial control and input than the traditional core business of forestry.
The position requires flexibility and the ability to be able to assess new situations, analyse accounting and understand some tax issues which would impact on our clients, and develop mechanisms for their control and management. As such it requires a person who enjoys new challenges and the pursuit of solutions.
It is envisaged that the applicant will be suitably qualified and have excellent working knowledge of Excel. Experience of Exchequer accounting software and SAGE Payroll would be useful although training will be given as necessary. You will be confident and have contact with high net worth clients and to answer queries arising on their financial accounts.
Full financial accounting control of specified clients’ businesses, reporting directly to the client manager, including:
- Data processing and maintenance of the ledger;
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts to include reconciliation against budget and forecast;
- Preparation of annual accounts and liaison with auditors as required;
- Dealing with corporation tax assessments and payment of tax;
- Control over invoicing and debtors;
- Management of banking covenants, liaison with the banks and control of the bank accounts;
- Attendance at relevant management meetings with client manager and other team members.
- Approval and submission of VAT returns and the management of clients’ VAT registrations.
The position requires a good understanding of:
- Accounting principles;
- VAT procedures;
- Banking matters, including the control of clients’ funds and the management of bank accounts.
- Experience of producing management accounts
It would be beneficial to have a general understanding of:
- Taxation issues, including in particular corporation tax, income tax and capital gains tax.
You will also comply with:
- Requirements of FCA and other regulatory matters;
Our client will invest in your training and asks that you commit to attend appropriate training courses.