Based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, our client is an exciting and developing business who have a strong presence in their market and are looking for an experienced, Part Qualified or (qualified by experience) Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone who has experience in completing a full set of management accounts with the ability to work on their own and take initiative where necessary. This role will support the Finance Manager and take control of the general ledger activities in order to complete month end activities and related functions.
This company is a growing services company which has developed over the years and they are now looking to develop the business further. They have significant sites across the UK and are looking to expand over the coming years with ambitious plans.
The successful individual will have existing knowledge of preparing month end management account packs, have advanced Excel skills and good all round systems knowledge. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines with little supervision is essential. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, be a team player, and self-starter with an understanding of team goals.
Duties will include:
- Prepare month end accounts to completion
- Ensure the Finance Manager is supported fully when absent.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and control weekly cash flow forecasts & statements
- Prepare and enter relevant month end journals each month
- Prepare full gross profit analysis for actual results
- Prepare external audit file & prepare VAT returns quarterly
- Prepare information to complete monthly board reports for submission to the Finance Manager
- Write reports to assist with month end reporting
- Prepare information to aid Finance Managers with fort-nightly and monthly forecast reporting
- Various other accounting duties
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability