Chief Management Accountant
This role will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the entire management accounting function (c.20 staff) within the SSC of my major multinational client.
My client are a highly profitable, market leading, major global organisation. Part of a German organisation with turnover in excess of £1.1bn, the UK business has a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence in Bristol within which this role will be based.
- To provide leadership and direction to the management accounting function (to include both General Ledger and SSC Business Analyst teams).
- To develop teams of competent and professional subject matter experts, producing accurate, timely and informative management accounts for the business.
- To maintain open and transparent lines of communication with all stakeholders.
- To develop systems and processes to enhance efficiency and automation where possible.
- To oversee the SSC Management Accounts department, ensuring the transacting of general ledger processes and completion of management accounts is delivered in a timely and accurate manner, meeting both internal and group reporting requirements
- Monitor the training needs of the department and offer the necessary challenge and development for the individuals and team.
- Improve lines of communication within the department, across SSC teams and within the business in order for the management accounts function to support the business more efficiently
- Promote the continuous development and improvement of standardised and consistent processes within the department to offer as excellent a level of service as possible to all business lines and the group as a whole.
- Develop a team of cross skilled individuals able to move between tasks and business lines as workloads required, removing key man dependency and process bottlenecks.
- Engage fully in all business and group projects which impact accounting processes, taking a proactive role in risk and issue identification, change management and meeting project deliverables.
- deliver management accounting services within a robust and transparent controls environment. Review any changes for controls weakness, and ensure that any gaps are mitigated.
- Proactively manage all stakeholders to improve the customer experience, and provide a clear line for issue resolution without additional escalation requirements.
- Qualified Accountant + 5 Years CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Excellent management accounting skills
- Understanding / experience of working to Group deadlines as well as internal guidelines
- Experience of working with non-financial management and explaining financial concepts advantageous
- Comfortable dealing with senior management / directors
- Strong understanding of risk and control processes
- Ability to recommend and implement change
- Good knowledge of working practices and chart of accounts
- Experience of managing a team of accountants of varying degrees of experience / qualification
- Strong work ethic to achieve tight deadlines
- Pro-active approach to process improvements
- Strong personality
- Adaptability to managing different styles
- Influencing skills
- Good excel skills
- Assertive and able to take ownership and responsibility for tasks
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Diligent / Conscientious
- Ability to forge good working relationships with financial and non financial personnel
This role will pay a basic salary of c. £60k, plus a package which includes a company car and a bonus of up to 17.5%