Are you seeking to develop your career as a Financial Accountant ?
Are you an experienced auditor or Financial Accountant with a desire to further your career within an large retail organisation? Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant in Birmingham who will work within the financial reporting team, assisting with the preparation of UK and international management and financial accounts for both month and the year-end audit.
What will I be responsible for?
The role is offering a confident individual an opportunity to join the business and expand their business partnering experience, be heavily involved in month end accounting and develop within an international business.
Duties will include:
- Complete the preparation and analysis of month end results
- Owner of integrity of management reporting pack
- Present results to CFO each period end, focusing on key actions taken and variances to budget/prior year
- Drive action from management accounts meetings across finance
- Owner of the process to update SAP with latest budgets and forecasts
- Provide financial input into the Annual and Interim statutory reports
- Owner of Finance, Legal and Exec cost centres, working with customers to input month end journals, formulate budgets and forecasts, and report on monthly performance
- Owner of stock provisions, financial processes relating to stock and adjustments to the stock file as required
- Owner of erosions and other adjustments to gross margin
- Technical advice and support provided to Finance and rest of the business
- Own the process of continuous improvement to the management information produced by Finance
- Business partner to stock loss initiative working party
- Accountable to external auditors for areas of responsibility
Is this Financial Accountant role the right one for me?
To be successful within this role, you will be ACCA or ACA qualified with experience gained in practice and making a first or second move into industry. Communication skills will be essential and previous experience building relationships with non-finance members of staff will be an advantage. If you have strong excel, have an interest in developing your business partnering skill set and are constantly looking at how to improve processes, this could be an ideal move.
- £45,000 - £50,000
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare