Would you like to work for one of the largest advertising companies in the UK? My client is currently recruiting for a Project Accountant based in Central London.
This role will work closely with the project managers as well as being an integral part of the commercial planning team, in order to track and forecast associated costs for the works. Reporting into the Project Manager; with dotted line reporting to the Financial Controller, you will provide control and visibility of budgets, commitments, actual and forecast expenditure for the project, to support the delivery of the Project on time and within budget whilst enabling maximum business value.
Purpose of the role:
- Maintain Project financial records and reporting, including budget breakdown, commitments and Contingency against the Project.
- Review cost coding of commitments and expenditure to ensure correct cost allocation and reporting.
- Work closely with the Project Commercial Team to integrate cost information provided by Deployment Partners into the project financial reporting.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis all project records with the Financial Accounting System, preparing accruals and allocation of costs in a timely manner
- Assess cost performance and ensure that financial reports highlight accurate cost status and variances to management and responsible engineers.
- Transfer costs data in the AX Projects system
- Prepare phased forecasts for commitments and cash for submission to Finance Team.
- Support the Finance Team with annual Budget updates
- Support Project Financial Controller in the preparation and collation of cost materials required for the various review Boards and approval packs (e.g. CCNs)
- Prepare invoices for reimbursement of Project costs as per agreed timelines to ensure cash neutrality
- Prepare, record and report on adhoc purchase orders that may be required from time to time out-with the main Project contracts
- Prepare forecasts of asset capitalisation dates and process actual capitalisations in AX Project module
- Provide information for internal and external auditors as required
- Regularly interact, share information and provide support to the wider EM Finance Team
To be considered you will have a working knowledge of Project Accounting.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.