- Be responsible for day to day control of all accounting systems, including payroll, ensuring complete and accurate processing of data and adherence to internal controls and procedures.
- Maintain accurate accounting records and financial information.
- Ensure accuracy of accounting records by monitoring monthly reconciliations.
- Produce monthly management accounts and key performance indicators within agreed time limits.
- Produce monthly reports for budget holders and jointly investigate variances against budget.
- Manage the provision of accurate and timely financial information to Board members, Corporate Management Team (CMT) and managers, and to external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget in a timely fashion. Produce and update seven year plans and related cash flow forecasts as required.
Prepare annual statutory accounts within agreed timescales, in accordance with current legislation and in the required statutory format. Manage the external audit process to ensure a clean audit report.
- Support the Internal Audit process.
- Ensure that the organisation maintains strong and appropriate financial controls that comply with statutory requirements, accounting standards and best practice.
- Review, monitor and develop appropriate financial policies and procedures for the whole organisation, and ensure that these are complied with.
- Assist the Director of Operations with rent setting, complying with current regulatory guidance.
- Maintain, review, improve and continuously develop all finance processes, including electronic systems, ensuring that access is made available to all operational managers and that training is provided, as required.
Business and Strategic Analysis
> Lead, direct, support and develop the finance team to deliver excellent services in line with senior management requirements.
> Support Leadership Team with accurate management reports, including cash flow forecasts, to enable accurate assessment of current and future performance.
> Keep fully appraised of the finance requirements of the company's regulators and ensure compliance with all relevant financial, operational and reporting standards. Ensure compliance with current legislation and SORPs.
> Assist the Director of Corporate Services to establish Value for Money framework and monitor, and report on, performance against this framework.
> Provide training and advice on financial policies and procedures to all managers. Meet regularly with managers to review service financial performance and analyse monthly management accounts, particularly variances from budget.
> Establish, monitor and regularly report on key financial indicators and operational performance and recommend appropriate action.
> ACCA / CIMA Qualified or 'Qualified by Experience' (QBE) with at least 3 years experience in an all round Accountants role.
> Staff supervisory experience is highly desirable but not essential as you will be supported in this.
> SORP / Charity Experience is also highly desirable
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.