SF Group is currently recruiting for a 6 -9 Month Financial Accountant on behalf of a Worcester based public body.
The role will give you considerable responsibly within a well respected organisation during a period of considerable change. The aim of the Financial Accountant is to prepare key control account reconciliations, and assist in the preparation of the statutory accounts. Ensuring the accuracy of the income and expenditure statement and the completeness of the accounts is maintained is paramount to the organisation.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To perform key balance sheet account reconciliations for the agency on a monthly basis.
- Provide control over debtors and reduce bad debts.
- Assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts and audit papers, for the year - end and interim audit.
- To complete the Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) Intercompany on a quarterly basis
- Government VAT - Compliance, queries and submissions
A successful candidate will be qualified, be immediately available and have experience in the Civil Service/Not for Profit sector.
Salary will be dependent on experience