A growing professional services business in the centre of Manchester are recruiting a first class Financial Controller to join their team. This Financial Controller role is well suited to a bringht and ambitious chartered accountant, who has a desire to develop themselves into a top level FC and in time FD.
The Financial Controller role supports the CFO in ensuring that financial reporting and analysis is delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing relationship with two outsourced administrators each with teams of accountants working on the business account
- Responsible for managing the quarterly accounting
- Preparing monthly management accounts and quarterly pack to the Board
- Supporting preparation of the statutory accounts
- Involvement in the quarterly valuation process in relation to the portfolio company investments
- Cost control and performance against annual Budgets
- Analytical support to the CFO
- Cash management and forecasting
- Responsible for ensuring that VAT and other tax returns are submitted accurately and on time
- Reviewing & improving business / accounting procedures
What you will get:
You will work in an environment where people have very high standards of the work they do. This culture is mixed with a huge amount of humility and support and everyone wants the whole team to do well. You will get support from the CFO and space to develop you own ideas. You will be an integral part of the future of the business moving forward, shaping how they do this.
You will be a:
- Qualified accountant (ACA with top tier firm experience is prepared)
- High attention to detail and an ability to review work quickly and accurately
- Commercially focused in order to understand, support & respond to demands from other parts of the business around financial decision making
- Energetic and driven to succeed but as a team player
- Highly PC literate - particularly Excel
- Able to demonstrate influencing and persuasive skills; and of gaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to create and maintain a strong control environment with robust processes
If you feel you have the right background and experience for this fantastic Financial Controller role then contact me to discuss further.