Group Finance Manager
My client is a leading name in the Fashion Retail sector and are in need of a strong Group Finance Manager to join their Digital Finance team. You will be required to provide financial and commercial support to all areas of the Group Digital P&L and will act as a business partner to Directors and Heads of Functions to manage their budgets.
The role allows you to be involved in most aspects of the business management, with responsibility for providing financial and commercial support to all areas of the Group Digital P&L, producing robust plans and forecasts for all Central Group Digital costs and acting as a business partner to Directors and Heads of.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analysis of Digital P&L, from sales to EBIT with desire to improve understanding by revenue stream (international, UK, US etc)
- Managing the month-end process across the Group Digital P&L including trade, P&P and central digital costs. Liaising with brand teams to understand drivers of change.
- Responsible for day to day financial support for Group Digital and Digital Systems teams.
- Ownership of Group Recharge to brands, with aim of improving transparency and understanding of cost drivers.
- Developing monthly reporting of costs for budget holders in areas such as headline commentary, risks and opportunities, payroll and headcount analysis, other operational and discretionary spend areas.
- Lead monthly account reviews with Heads of and Budget Holders to understand variances to forecast and highlight risks and opportunities to senior management.
- Completion of annual central planning, challenging budget holders on level of spend where necessary. Work with brands and Logistics to consolidate, understand and challenge their Plan forecasts.
- Monthly review and analysis of Capital Expenditure, flagging risks and opportunities of each project.
- Supporting Digital Teams and Finance Analyst in the maintenance of the Purchase Order System.
- Key contact for budget holders and the Digital Team.
- Completion of ad hoc commercial analysis to help focus activity and identify potential cost savings and understanding of impact of promotional activity across brands.
- Critical appraisal of all areas of activity ensuring value for money is achieved, making recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Systems literate - particularly Excel
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- Proven ability to work within a team with experience in building relationships at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to highlight and challenge issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Able to prioritise tasks and use initiative.
- Commercial awareness
This is a 3 month Fixed Term Contract.