Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant (FTSE100 Retail)
£Competitive + 20% bonus + Benefits
Are you an ACA qualified accountant from a top 10 practice firm looking for a role with a mixture of financial accounting and budgeting & forecasting? This is a fantastic opportunity to make a step in to a FTSE100 business and progress your career in to either financial accounting or commercial finance.
The role will be responsible for the management of all financial accounting aspects of the company's stores including taking a lead role in significant project work within group finance. You will be responsible of all elements of income & expenditure outside main trading activities including ownership of the budgeting & forecasting of these areas.
This FTSE100 company are a successful retail chain with national coverage throughout the UK. They sell a variety of consumer products and have over 1,300 employees.
- Responsibility for the accurate periodic reporting of the financial performance and position of the company
- Analysis of income statement performance for external reporting
- Preparation of IFRS schedules and an understanding of all key movements/transactions
- Production of entity statutory accounts that are fully compliant with IFRS
- Liaison with divisional teams and general ledger team to ensure timely periodic reporting and issue resolution
- Ownership of the budgeting and forecasting of income & expenditure outside main trading activities
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support the CFO and Director of Group Finance
- ACA qualified accountant
- Newly qualified or some experience within industry
- Experience working in a top 10 accountancy practice
- Passionate about retail