Do you want to be part of a rapidly expanding team?
Can you help shape our future and make a difference?
We are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita are currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager to cover for a Maternity Leave starting in Jan 2017
Key Responsibilities:To provide financial management and control for Capita Business Centres.
To be an effective Business Partner to provide direct financial support to Operational Directorate and Management.
To provide financial assistance and due diligence to commercial discussions, change control and new bids
Financial management & controls
To provide and interpret financial information to assess the performance of the business against plans and forecasts.
To develop and apply financial management mechanisms so the financial risk is minimised.
To manage the financial accounting, control, monitoring and reporting systems of the business to ensure that this complies with both company policies and accounting principles.
To work with the Business Directorate and Management to develop strategies and long term business plans so that business growth and investment opportunities and be assessed and approved.
To lead on the review and evaluation of cost reduction opportunities so that service delivery remains aligned with strategy and contractual agreements but also aligns with overall business plans.
To support the Directorate / Management to meet budgets and forecasts through both the production and management of financial information and associated business drivers so that performance can be presented and understood at Business Leadership level.
To financially lead on the monthly Mob process, annual Business Plan and any other reporting requirements as set by the Financial Controller and members of the HR Solutions Leadership Team.
Business growth, investment and change management
To lead on the financial evaluation of any new business / change proposals to grow the business through additional revenues or transformation so that effective financial rigor is in place to support all proposals.
To interpret, understand and report on investments and associated cash flows for all business proposals where you have been allocated financial management and control so that a quality audit trail is established and senior leadership sign off can be obtained.
To financially monitor the credit control process within the businesses so that debt is kept within target levels set within the business and by Group Finance.
To manage risk by assisting in external & internal audits and ensuring all aspects of compliance and control are met.
To proactively work to support other members of the finance team and lead on any specific adhoc projects on behalf of the Financial Controller / Finance Director.
To ensure objectives are in place for (any) direct reports and regular reviews take place.
Key Clients (Internal/External)
- Business Directorate
- Profit Centre Management
- Group Financial Controls and Processes
- Group H&S
- Internal audit and risk management team
- Clients and their relevant teams
- External Auditors
- External Suppliers
- Good written / oral communication skills.
- Negotiation skills with regards to agreeing and delivery of business targets and personal goals.
- Ability to present at Director / Business Manager level with insightful information
- Leadership in commercial discussions / negotiations
- Business planning, forecasting and bid modelling
- Qualified accountant with minimum 2 years PQE
- Microsoft Office to an effective level reflecting the role
- Ability to travel to a number of different sites on an adhoc basis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact at all levels with finance and non-finance teams
- Ability to challenge and influence the Operational team
- Works in a structured and methodical manner with attention to detail and accuracy
- Deadline oriented whilst managing own workload
- Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working whilst being willing to challenge the status quo
- Good team player
- Analytical mind-set
- Confident and personable nature
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
This role is all about doing things differently. Its changing the game, And to make this happen our people need to be a little different too. Forget pen pushers and clock watchers. Our people are super sharp and switched on. Flexible, friendly and up for the challenge. So if you join us as Finance Manager get ready for something new. At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more we will design these to suit your own personal lifestyle
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.