Senior Accountant - Reading - Competitive Salary
About the role of Senior Accountant
Are you a qualified accountant looking for your 1st move into industry?
Have you got practice exposure and are now working in industry but looking for a broader opportunity?
Do you prepare and sign of statements relating to the accounting procedures?
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Accountant to take a lead role within a highly entrepreneurial and growing financial and administrative outsourcing company serving the UK financial services sector.
About the business
It is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are experts in register management and administration, share plans and share dealing. We provide a comprehensive range of onshore and offshore shareholder solutions to businesses across the UK and Ireland.
What you will do as a Senior Accountant
- Assisting with the production of business plans, client related budgets, management of team revenues, resourcing, quality control and delivery of the accounting product
- Assisting the Team Leader with the Billing Process and management of clients debts
- Aiding the management, development and training of part qualified and junior staff
- Promoting cross selling behaviours within the team
- Identification of technical issues for client portfolio
- Supervising reports in respect of the following duties:-
- Posting of primary accounting entries
- Preparation of supplier invoice payment runs and posting of payroll journals & nominal journals; fixed asset register, accruals and prepayment schedules; audit files; monthly management accounts; budgets and forecasts; draft financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS
- FCA Regulatory Returns
- VAT registrations and related matters
- Preparation of P11Ds, corporation and partnership tax returns
- Liaison with client auditors and management of client audits
Your experience will include:
- Exposure to the production of financial statements, statutory returns and/or audit is ESSENTIAL
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA accounting qualification
- Exposure gained within an accounting firm would be preferential
- People management
What's in it for you?
Training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If the role of Senior Accountant appeals to you then please contact me for further information.