Interim Management Accountant
We are working with a National Brand who are looking for an Interim Management Accountant, based in York, to support the business for an initial 3 - 6 months.
- Provides accurate analysis and interpretation of monthly results and commentary against budget and latest forecasts to review how the business is performing.
- Assists the team in preparing the monthly reporting pack, which includes commentary on revenues and costs vs. forecast/budget, headcount analysis, and other information as required.
- Assists the team in updating and improving management reporting on an ongoing basis and ensures that relevant financial and KPI information is made available to senior management for effective commercial decision-making
- Provides support to the Finance Manager on an ongoing basis, including support for ad hoc requests and specific projects, with increased support around budget, forecast and year end timetables
- Works with the Finance Manager to establish a strong financial control and reporting environment, continually looking to improve processes and reporting/support to the business
- Support manager by providing value added analysis and recommendations, in order to meet departmental and company objectives and support business decision making
- Develop strong working relationships with cost centre owners to build a robust understanding of relevant operations
- Good accounting knowledge gained from a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience of preparing and reviewing financial analysis to a high standard within tight deadlines.
- Experience of financial reporting and forecasting within a dynamic fast-paced environment is an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.