Head of Finance
Our client is an innovative, award-winning technology business that has successfully raised investment from a number of top tier VC firms. In their short history they have already seen significant growth on an international level and now work with a number of leading organisations in the telecommunications industry. As part of their on-going growth strategy they are now seeking to recruit a Head of Finance to report directly to the CEO and manage and develop the finance function, as well as HR and administration.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
· Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts and board presentation materials, together with other ad hoc financial reports and analysis as required
· Overseeing the processing of all accounting information – supplier invoices, expenses, customer invoices, cash movements, cash reconciliations, debt collection, etc
· Preparation of the annual financial statements, corporation tax compliance and similar tax work
· Ensure US accounting, legal and tax obligations are met
· Preparation and transmission of payroll to payroll outsource provider
· Management of the banking relationships
· Working with the sales team and senior management to manage sales, bookings and backlog reports
· Supporting the senior-management team in fundraising activities when required, including preparation of financial materials, creation and administration of a data room
· Company secretarial matters
· Overseeing the HR function within the company including performance management, recruitment and contractual employment matters
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (preferably ACA) with solid technical and management accounting skills, including consolidations, foreign currency and FX planning. Ideally applicants will have some demonstrable experience of working within a corporate environment and will understand ‘best practice’ controls and processes and will be able to implement them within a start-up, high growth technology business. This is a very broad role in a dynamic, fast-paced organisation and as such will suit a hands on, commercially aware, business-focused individual who is much more than a technical expert.