- Full Time
£45,000 + Car + Benefits
Working in partnership with Seymour John, our client is a market leading supplier of branded equipment, all manufactured and tested to British and international product standards and exported to more than 35 countries worldwide. Having enhanced performance in recent years the business is keen to keep their foot on the gas in terms of continually strengthening a culture of commerciality in their business. They see further opportunities to achieve this, hence this exciting position right at the beating heart of the organisation.
Your main responsibilities will be to support the Sales Director and National Sales Managers in delivering the targets as agreed with the business, whilst providing excellent service to customers, reporting on their performance and ensuring all accrual and provisions are accounted for.
- Take overall responsibility for internal reporting of business unit sales performance and support reporting up to the holding company.
- Produce monthly P&L statements for brand and regional performance.
- Monitor bonus accruals on a regular basis and prepare calculations for all sales related bonuses.
- Assistance with monthly accounts, forecasts and annual budgets for both businesses .
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for Debtors, Rebates, Debit Notes and any other sales related accrual or prepayments within strict deadlines.
- Attend monthly management review meeting to explain monthly sales division performance and variance to budget and forecast.
- Liaise and deal with internal and external auditors at year end and quarterly audits.
- Manage and coordinate Order Management, Rebates and Pricing departments with 5 staff reporting.
- Support National and Regional Sales Managers to roll out improved pricing processes.
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by the Business Unit Controller.
- Forming effective working relationships with Finance Managers, Sales Director and the wider salesforce, Marketing, Operations, Senior Management and External Auditors.
You Will Be:
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Experienced in managing a team of people.
- Commercially astute with a proven willingness to challenge and question Sales colleagues, forming effective working relationships.
- Skilled in Excel and data warehouse systems (confident extracting and manipulating data).
- Able to present information in a succinct and engaging way.
- Passionate about driving improvement.
- SAP or similar experience an advantage.
Apply for Commercial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly